Stuff you’ll need: Icing, shallow bowls, rubber spatula, food coloring, offset spatula or butter knife, white sugar, colored sugar, small candies.
- Bake the cookies and make the Royal icing.
- Divide the white icing into several shallow bowls.
- Add a few drops of food coloring into each bowl and mix with a spatula.
- Dip the cookie flat into the icing to coat the face of the cookie.
- Let the background icing dry for a few hours or overnight.
- Use a pastry bag with a fine tip or plastic baggie with a small hole cut at the corner to squeeze fine lines of icing for a design.
- Dip the cookie in white or colored sugar to add sparkle to the wet icing design.
- Be creative in your decoration by adding small candies with a dot of icing.
Be sure to check out the video on How To Decorate Holiday Cookies for more tips!
Stuff you’ll need: Baked cupcakes, frosting, offset spatula or butter knife, pretzels, licorice that pulls apart, small candies, small bowls for candies.
- Bake the cupcakes and make the Royal Icing.
- Frost the cupcakes using an offset spatula or butter knife.
- Stick two pretzels at an angle into the cupcake to make butterfly wings.
- Between wings, use a small gummy worm or candies to make the butterfly body.
- Use two pieces of licorice for the butterfly’s antennae.
Be sure to check out the video on Butterfly Cupcakes for more tips!